Australian or Aussies want to visit Vietnam must have a valid visa for entering Vietnam.
Beside traditional way to get visa at embassy or consulate of Vietnam in Australia, nowadays, Australian passport holders can get Vietnam visa fast, cheap and easy with Vietnam visa on arrival system installed at international airports of Vietnam.
To get Vietnam visa on arrival at Vietnam airports, you simple fill secured Vietnam visa form online athttps://www.vietnamvisaform.com/apply-vietnam-visa to provide your passport information and trip information with entry and exit date for Vietnam. Check out to payment for service fee to get approval letter (also called pre-approval letter) from Vietnam Immigration Department within 24 – 48 hours for standard service or rush fee if you need urgent visa for Vietnam.
After getting the approval letter via email, you need to print it out to show for boarding and show on arrival to get visa stamped on your passport. It’s very easy. You can stay at home or office with internet connection to submit visa application online. No queuing or passport send off but can get visa easily.
At landing visa office (also called visa on arrival office) located at international airports of Vietnam, in front of immigration line, show the approval letter to check on the visa system, pay for stamping fee to get visa stamped on your passport. Get back your passport with visa stamped.
Please note that apart from official fee (called stamp fee), you have to pay a small fee called service fee, is the fee you have to pay for visa agent. The visa agent take care your visa application, following procedure and document required from Vietnam Immigration Department on your behalf, and send couriers to the Vietnam Immigration Department to submit visa application and get approval letter to send you via email.
Visa on arrival also save your trip in case you need visa urgently on Saturday, Sunday or Public holidays in Australia. In some case you are about to board the airplane and find out that you don’t have visa, contact visa agent in Vietnam to get visa on arrival for this case urgent.
Get visa for Vietnam at embassy of Vietnam in Australia (Source : http://www.vietnamembassy.org.au/Consular.htm)
According to Consular services of Vietnam embassy in Australia, applicants for Entry visas to Vietnam can be applied BY POST or IN PERSON (by the applicant or anyone on his/her behalf) at the Embassy. Please see below for instructions to get a visa for Vietnam by Post and in person.
Applying Vietnam visa by post at Vietnam embassy or consulate in Australia:
First, download the application form from the Website of Vietnam embassy in Australia.
Second, submit or send by registered/express (platinum) post to the Embassy of Vietnam in Australia (Address: 6 Timbarra Crescent, O'Malley, ACT 2606) the following documents:
1. Original and valid PASSPORT which must have at least one-month validity after the expiry of the visa and one blank page left. Please keep note of your passport details in case you might need them while your passport is with the Embassy;
2. One completed APPLICATION FORM with one passport-size photo affixed on the Form. Please fill in the form eligibly and accurately to avoid misinterpretation and to facilitate the visa processing. You will be responsible for the accuracy of the information you provide in the Application Form; You should clarify the date of arrival and departure because the visa will be valid from the date of arrival you put on the Application Form.
3. If you require your passport(s) to be returned by post, please send in a return self-addressed prepaid ENVELOPE (Express post - platinum or Registered mail is recommended)
4. VISA FEE must be paid in cash, money order or bank cheque, payable to "the Embassy of Viet Nam". We accept Australian dollars only. Visa fees are various and depend on the length of stay and visa types, please contact the Embassy for further information from 9.30 am to 5.00 pm.
5. When you get the visa back, please remember to check all the details on the visa (passport number, date of entry, date of exit, single or multiple entry) before you travel.
Applying Vietnam visa in person at Vietnam embassy or consulate in Australia:
Alternatively, if you wish, you can come to the Vietnam Embassy at number 6 Timbarra Crescent, O’Malley, ACT 2606 to apply for visa(s) where you will get assistance on site by embassy staffs. Vietnam embassy office is open from 9.00AM to 5.00PM from Monday to Thursday, 9.00 to 4.30 PM on Friday, except Australian public holidays.
Visa processing at embassy of Vietnam embassy and consulate in Australia:
Upon receipt of the application, it takes THREE working days by normal service for your passport(s) with the visa to be ready for collection at the Embassy or for return by post in the return envelope you provided. EXPRESS SERVICE is available and incurs extra cost. If you need Express Service, please contact the Embassy for further information from 9.30 am to 5.00 pm.